WHAT IS CBD?
You have probably heard of CBD by now, but what is it? Cannabidiol (CBD) is probably the most known and well-studied compound found in Cannabis Sativa. Cannabis Sativa produces over 100 cannabinoids, an active compound, that is similar in nature to endocannabinoids produced in our bodies. CBD has quickly gained popularity due to its ability to help the body maintain overall health and wellness.
As you read on, you will quickly come to learn that not all CBD is created equally.
The Endocannabinoid System (ECS) is a network of chemical signals and cellular receptors that run throughout the entire human body and brain. The main purpose of the ECS is to help regulate and control several critical bodily functions such as: pain, memory, mood, immunity, and stress.
In the early 1990s scientists discovered small molecules in the human body they named endocannabinoids. The endocannabinoids closely mirror a similar molecule produced by cannabis plants, cannabinoids.
BENEFITS OF CBD
MAINTAIN A SENSE OF CALM
SUPPORT DAILY WELLNESS
MANAGE EVERYDAY STRESSES
ENHANCE EXERCISE RECOVERY
WHAT CBD IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
FULL SPECTRUM CBD
Full Spectrum CBD contains ALL of the extracts naturally found in the cannabis plant. This means in addition to CBD, you are getting other beneficial cannabinoids, flavonoids, and terpenes produced by the plant.
A true Full Spectrum product does contain trace amounts of THC. A true Full Spectrum product is proven to be the most effective and contains trace amounts of THC. This is a good thing. The combination of multiple cannabinoids is referred to as the Entourage Effect. It is believed that cannabinoids are most effective when used together, the only way to get a true entourage effect is by having some THC present. All Mons Pura products contain less than 0.3% THC, which is the legal limit. A true Full Spectrum CBD with less than 0.3% THC will NOT make you high and is completely legal.
This is the best product you can find.
BROAD SPECTRUM CBD
A true Broad Spectrum contains all of the extracts naturally found in the cannabis plant, except THC. This means in addition to CBD, you are getting other beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes produced by the plant.
Mons Pura Broad Spectrum CBD contains 0 THC. Although we believe small amounts of THC are beneficial and aid with the entourage effect, we understand that due to occupation and other circumstances, not everyone can use a Full Spectrum CBD Product.
At Mons Pura, we never offer THC-Free products in the form of an Isolate. A CBD Isolate contains only CBD and is missing all the other beneficial cannabinoids. Because we live by our motto, “If we wouldn’t give it to our own family, we won’t give it to yours”, we will never give you a product that only has CBD.
Consumables are some of our favorite products. They can help our entire body to help us find true balance. All Mons Pura consumables are designed to be highly bioavailable, allowing you to get the most out of the product.
Topicals are great for targeting specific pain points and applying concentrated doses of CBD. Used in conjunction with consumables, this is a powerful way to help our body help itself.
Just as humans have an endocannabinoid system that can benefit from the use of CBD products, our pets also have an endocannabinoid system! Dogs, cats, horses, and basically all living creatures have a ECS system that produces endocannabinoids.
HOW MUCH CBD DO I NEED?
You need to take enough CBD to experience meaningful benefits. Imagine you took a baby aspirin, cut it in half, and then hoped it would relieve your migraine headache. Although aspirin has been shown to help with migraines, if you do not take enough, it will not be effective.
The research is clear- adults need to take at least 50mg of CBD per day to be effective. So, any consumable products that have less than 1500mg won’t be a sufficient dosage for 30 days.
A simple way to determine daily dosage in a CBD product-
- Determine the total amount of CBD in the bottle.
- Divide that number by 30.
HOW TO CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF CBD IN A DOSE?
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A CBD PRODUCT
The truth is, not all CBD is created EQUAL. Your body is important, and what you put in it truly matters. There are so many variables that go into a high-quality CBD product. From the soil the seeds are planted in, the way the plants are grown, to the way the oil is extracted from the plant, and the final formulation.
- No harmful pesticides are used.
- Check the third-party tests results to make sure there are no heavy metals or pesticides.
- The ONLY way to get a true Full Spectrum product is through CO2 extraction. Chemical batching destroys many of the beneficial terpenes and cannabinoids.
Full Spectrum or Broad Spectrum
- Because it is challenging to grow and extract clean CBD oil, many companies take shortcuts and offer a product called an Isolate. Isolates are missing many of the beneficial components from the plant. Always look for a Full Spectrum or Broad Spectrum product, you can check the companies third-party lab results.
- Quality CBD is not an easy ingredient for companies to source and can be costly. Because of this, many products do not contain adequate amounts of CBD. Use the formula above to calculate how much CBD you are actually getting.
- Don’t trust the label blindly. Unfortunately, some companies are not honest about how much CBD they are putting in their product, never purchase a product from a company that does not openly share COAs from third-party labs.